13 October 2020 (Tuesday) - Got the NEQAS Results

This morning I managed to get hold of the consensus results of some of the recent NEQAS morphology exercises. There was a few so I will summarise: 

2005 BF1

I said ? LPD/CLL

I identified all salient features. The case was “…from an 89-year-old man with T-cell Prolymphocytic Leukaemia (T-PLL)

2005 BF2

I said ? LPD/CLL

I identified all salient features. The case “…was a patient with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (B-CLL) who had received treatment

2006 BF1

I said p. falciparum with a haemoglobinopathy  The case was a chap… “with features of partially treated Plasmodium falciparum malaria along with features of a haemoglobinopathy

2006 BF2 

I said hyposplenism. The case was “compound heterozygote for sickle cell/β0-thalassemia who was clinically well and undergoing an exchange transfusion to prevent sickle crises

Well… they’d have hyposplenism, wouldn’t they?

2003 DF

I did ok…

I’m finding  the NEQAS morphology excercises to be of less and less relevance to me in that the results take an absolute age to arrive. When they do come I’ve forgotten what I saw or said, and finding time to review the slides is tricky.

The on-line exercises are better in that respect, but they too aren’t as fast at sending the results as they might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment