16 June 2020 (Tuesday) - BTLP-TACT (failure!)



With a few minutes spare I thought I’d better do a BTLP-TACT exercise.

I was presented with two cases:

25435 – A thirty-five year old chap with epistaxis requiring Group and Save

The chap grouped as B Rh(D) Negative with positive antibody screen in cells 2 & 3

The IAT and enzyme  panels was positive in cells 1 3 4 6 7 which corresponded with anti Jka but couldn’t rule out anti-Cw



86166 – A forty-one year old woman with placenta accretia requiring four units of CMV-negative blood for the next day

She grouped as indeterminate – cell group A Neg, serum group O. Was she an A2 with anti A1?

With negative antibody screen I selected four O Rh(D) Neg CMV neg units. One of the CMV neg units was E+ so I gave an irradiated RR one instead

Bearing in mind  that the PC’s internet connection had been rather flaky I wasn’t surprised to see I got the red light. But I got the red light because I supposedly selected the wrong units of blood.
I wish it told me why I’d got it wrong  - I can’t see why.​

No comments:

Post a Comment