9 April 2020 (Thursday) - Anonymity

At the top of the page you will read “This is (supposed to be) a reflective diary by a (not very) anonymous biomedical scientist…

When I post stuff I try very hard to keep it all anonymous. Any patient-related information is always anonymised. Any names you might read aren’t the actual patient’s names. I change them to the names of fictional characters (usually from sci-fi shows) and I remove all mention of where I work.
When discussing CPD with the boss this morning I wasn’t sure who was the most surprised; her because she found out that it’s me  who writes this blog, or me because she has a short-cut to it on her phone….

I’ve never kept this CPD blog a secret, but I have tried to keep it anonymous. That would seem to have worked…​

No comments:

Post a Comment