1 February 2018 (Thursday) - Sign of the TImes ?

The American Society of Hematology sent their newsletter today. Much of it wasn’t really relative to me. Much of it isn’t. But one article piqued my interest.

Social media has infiltrated our everyday lives – both personally and professionally. With most people keeping in touch with friends, family, and colleagues and monitoring the news cycle through multiple social media avenues, the question has shifted from if we should be using social media, to how we can make sure we use it to our benefit.

I once got a formal disciplinary warning for mentioning my place of work on Facebook. At the hearing I was told from the one issuing the formal warning that he didn’t do Facebook or understand it,but knew enough that mentioning the place on Facebook was enough to bring it into disrepute.
Now the place has its own Facebook page and Twitter account too…

No comments:

Post a Comment