6 November 2017 (Monday) - e-Learning


During a dull half-hour I skived off to do some e-learning. I say “skived off”; that was the phrase I used, but (as always) there is always something to be gleaned from e-learning (or any learning come to that).

I did two modules today; “transfusion reactions” and “consent for transfusion”. I had something of a wry smile when taking the “consent for transfusion” module. We recently learned that my father had been given a blood transfusion during his hip replacement operation of last year (*not* done in the hospital where I work, I hasten to add). No one told him at the time that he had been transfused whilst under the anaesthetic.

Perhaps I should go have a chat with the transfusion practitioner at that Sussex seaside town…?

No comments:

Post a Comment