- Treating deep vein thrombosis.
- Treating pulmonary embolism.
- Preventing thromboembolic disorders, particularly following surgery or in people bedridden due to illness.
- Treating blood clots in the coronary arteries in unstable angina and myocardial infarction.
- Preventing blood from clotting when it is filtered through a haemodialysis machine.
24 December 2015 (Thursday) - Clexane
Clexane injection contains the active ingredient enoxaparin, which is a low molecular weight heparin. It is used to stop blood clots forming within blood vessels
What is it used for?
This isn’t new… I've been familiar with the stuff for a while. But a friend’s partner has recently been prescribed it.